Time & Location
About the Event
Houston is a bustling hub of startup activity and ranked No. 10 among the major U.S. metro areas with the highest rates of startup formation. On the other side of the globe, Hong Kong is ranked as No. 29 in the Global Startup Ecosystem 2020 Report by the Startup Genome and a leading international financial hub for sources of funding. With both cities booming as startup hotspots, how can Founders tap into the potential for growth in these markets?
Join us for a free webinar on Tuesday, April 20. Learn from experts in Houston and Hong Kong as we unravel the complexities of setting up operations from the perspective of a startup. The webinar is brought to you by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council and Startup Grind. This is a Part 1 of a 2-Part Series on Houston and Hong Kong to spotlight opportunities in both regions and build connections.
Webinar Discussion Topics
- What are the elements that make these cities attractive to startups?
- What types of government incentives and support are offered in each city?
- Sharing challenges, competition in the ASEAN region, and opportunity for growth.
- Why should I consider adding/moving operations overseas when the local market is flourishing?
- What are the industry sectors for startups that are robust in the region?
- Michele Price, Director of Startup Grind Houston (Moderator)
- Emeline Stout, CEO & Founder, Elastique Athletics (Speaker)
- Thomas Wong, Founding Partner, CW CPA (Speaker)
- Amrit Sethi, CMO, Ipseity Network (Speaker)
- Serifina Lalany, VP of Operations, Houston Exponential (Speaker)
- Ralph Chow, Regional Director America, HKTDC (Speaker)
Participation Fee: Ticket: Free, RSVP to get an attendee’s link
Link Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-houston-hong-kong-startup-connection-tickets-149558813437